I went shopping on Saturday and actually purchased all the items on our grocery list to make the menu items from my previous post. So far, we're doing really well. We followed the menu plan for two days already! Ok, it's not really that exciting since the first day was "date night". However, I did make the items listed on the menu for Sunday and so far it's been a success. I'm determined to stick with this and already am contemplating next weeks menu. I'm also really excited about not having to do much cooking tonight and plan to start getting on the treadmill again with this new found free time.
|better than mc d's?|
Sunday morning was the first test. I woke up early enough to turn on the oven and pop two of these suckers in there on some pieces of tin foil. I let them bake for 25 min at 350 degrees (as I had read on the blog). Success! I made breakfast and we'll be at church on time. We head to church and I hand my husband one of my greatest creations. Ok, to be honest, I already knew it wasn't one of my greatest creations. The cheese got a little hard on the outside so I was a bit worried. He bit into it and some liquid poured out (i'm guessing this was from the egg). I tried mine and it was ok, but the egg was a bit cool and the english muffin was very crunchy. FAIL.
This morning I decided I'd give the muffins another try. This time, I'd go against the original blogs advice and microwave it. This worked out better for the cheese, sausage, and muffin, but the egg was still cold. Basically, it was still frozen. I threw the egg out and ate the rest. I think next time I'll try heating the egg seperately. However, my first attempt at cooking in bulk was not all that I thought it'd be cracked up to be.